Thursday, October 18, 2012

In Hindsight


I come home, hot and bothered
It’s been a long day at work
My house is spotless
Her blouse is spot drenched
She’s done everything I could ever ask for and more
I am thankful; I truly am
However those words never leave my lips
She looks at me with such hopes to receive such nice quips
‘you look good babe.’ Or ‘this dinner was one of my faves’
I notice she puts my wants in front of me
She set aside her own needs to satisfy ME
I see all of these things
Why don’t I say something?
Can’t she read my mind?
Can’t she tell by the way I hold her close?
Can’t she tell by the way we spend our time together?
Doesn’t she know that I’m here forever?
Simple sentences; a few words
A noun conjectured with a few verbs
That’s all she wants
That’s what keeps her near
Those 3 little words every woman wants to hear
.
.
.

I APPRECIATE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment