Saturday, October 20, 2012

Epiphany of the Soul


It’s been on my mind a while now. I don’t understand how I let myself down.
I pass the buck in attempt to tuck my heart and run away. But the more I run, the closer I come each day.
That it was my fault. I was the adult.
I knew better and yet I didn't do better. Guess that statement was false.
Wait. Stop.
Bring all this shit to an abrupt halt.
Is it wrong to want to shoulder the blame?
Am I insane to know that while it takes two, that all I had to do was live up to the name?
I mean I knew what I was getting into. I got warned.
But like Miguel, her love is what I wanted to adore or adorn.
I’m rambling, I’m drinking, I’m smoking
Yeahhhh the pain is leaving for the moment.
Turn up my boy. That’s what my heart telling me.
Turn up. No veggies. I don’t touch any Reggie.
Kush just to push it all to the bottom. And a few beers to hold it all down.
I’m hungry and the nearest spot is across town.
Fuck it. Light another one. We can make it.
I ain't gon be able to sleep unless I get something to eat.
Hop in the whip, turn on some K.Dot, a lil Drake, and some Frankie O cuz that Novacane numbs the pain.
I can’t even press on the gas.
Before ya know it, I’m in the car throwing up my feelings in a bag

No comments:

Post a Comment